Ragging is a non-bailable, cognizable and punishable crime. Both the state and federal governments strictly prohibit ragging to a student in any educational institution. Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even off campus faces one or more of the following punishments/penalties:
- Debarring from appearing in any sessional test / University Examination
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits
- Suspension from the college for a period of one month / Dismissal from the college
- Imprisonment up to three years and fine of Rs.50,000/-
The Anti-Ragging Committee is responsible for ensuring compliance with the provisions of the Regulations as well as the provisions of any law currently in force concerning ragging; as
well as monitoring and overseeing the performance of the Anti-Ragging Squad in the prevention of ragging in the institution. As per the order of Supreme Court of India and subsequent
notification from the University Grants Commission (UGC), ragging is any intention by any individual or a group on:
- Any act of immorality, playing practical jokes, teasing, or rude handling.
- Any act that hinders or disrupts regular academic activity.
- Any activity that has the potential to cause annoyance, hardship, psychological harm, or creates fear or shame or apprehension.
- Any form of financial extortion or coerced spending.
- Any act of physical abuse those results in assault, harm, or danger to one's health.
- Abuse through spoken words, e-mails, SMS, or public insult, etc.
- Any act that injures or violates the fundamental right to human dignity.
- Any act of wrongful confinement, kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural crimes, use of criminal forces, trespass, or intimidation.
- Any illegal gathering or ragging conspiracy.
- To prohibit, prevent, and eliminate the scourge of ragging, which includes any conduct by any student, whether through words or actions, that has the effect of
teasing, treating, or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or engaging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student.
- To supervise, direct, and monitor the Anti-Ragging Squads' functions and performance in the prevention and curb the menace of ragging with its zero tolerance in the institution.
- To be vigilant at all times throughout the campus and other areas susceptible to ragging incidents and having the potential for ragging, and to have the authority to
inspect such areas.
- To conduct surprise invasion on dormitories and other locations that is prone to incidents and ragging.
- To undertake an on-the-spot investigation into any ragging incidence reported to it by the faculty, student, parent, or guardian, as the case may be, and to submit the
investigation report, together with suggestions, to the Head of the Institution for action.
- To ensure that availability of ragging complaints box and posters with helpline numbers are displayed on Institution and Department Notice Boards, as well as other
- To provide counseling services and create awareness among students.
The members of the anti-ragging committee are listed below in order to prevent ragging in any
form on campus:
|Name and Contact details
|I. Mrs S. Jeevitha
Assistant Professor and Head Department of Mathematics
II. Mrs S. Jagadeeswari
Assistant Professor and Head Department of Business Administration
III. Mrs D.Sumathi
Assistant Professor and Head Department of Tamil
IV. Mrs R. Swathi
Assistant Professor Department of Computer Science and Application
|I. Mrs. M. Vijiyalakshmi
Assistant Professor and Head Department of Commerce
II. Mrs S. Sankari
Assistance Professor Department of Tamil
Assistance Professor Department of Chemistry
|Mr. Rtn.Gopinath, Trustee
|Mr. V Karthikeyan, SI, TN Police.
Mr. T.N.Kesavan, Repoter, Thinathanthi.
|Dr. M Kavitha
|Mr. B. Lenin Babu, Advocate
|Anti-ragging Squad Members
|CoE & Head of all departments.
For Complaints, please post to the mail: email@example.com
For Complaints please submit the form in the link ________________________.
Periodical Reports on Anti-Ragging Measures taken by the Institution are maintained / updated in the website.