Statement: “To create a robust research and innovation ecosystem in order to improve the quality of research and innovation in the institution while being true to the institution's vision and mission”.
Policy and Code of Ethics:
A research cell has been established in order to establish a focused research culture and strengthen all research activities at the college, consisting of the college principal, a senior faculty member, and members from the arts and science departments (Principal, Coordinator of Research cell, Co-Ordinator, IQAC, HoD of Respective Departments, Research guides).
The institution's research policy focuses on instilling a research mindset in undergraduate students by including group projects and internships into the curriculum. The College has earned a well-deserved reputation for excellence in postgraduate teaching. Motivating PG students to work on their own projects and submit articles in peer-reviewed, indexed journals. Management has stepped forward to provide funds and laboratory facilities for students under the Students Project Scheme in order to encourage research. Aside from normal events, the Research cell members meets once every two weeks to discuss recent developments in their fields.
The following are the policy's key features:
- A Research Committee assists the coordinator in defining thrust areas and developing research programmes.
- The Research Committee reviews the progress of numerous Research projects on a regular basis, while encouraging others to create and submit proposals for projects in growing thrust areas of research with societal applications.
- Encourage research academics to conduct study on socially relevant issues and publish their findings in peer-reviewed, indexed publications.
- Encourage and promote a research culture among staff and students by providing e-journal access, a digital library, laboratory help, a computer lab, and a research room for research.
- Home journals are published on a regular basis. Those who are in the completion stage of their Ph.D. research work are eligible for sabbatical leave.
- Faculty and students are offered incentives to present their findings at seminars/conferences and to publish their articles in journals. And also providing seed money to promote research.
- Faculty members are encouraged to collaborate on research with other research institutions and industry to share the resources
- The institution provides financial funding to conduct seminars, conferences, workshops, training programmes, and sensitization programmes with the participation of eminent scientists and experts from abroad and within the country, in order to develop a research culture on campus.
- A cell for intellectual property rights (IPR) has been formed to promote and enhance research innovations and intellectual assets.
- The college motivates the students to avail TNSCST-funds for research initiatives.
- Submission of proposals to funding agencies such as UGC, DST, DBT, CSIR, DRDO and so on to avail funds for major and minor research initiatives done by the faculty members / students.
- In compliance with the UGC and the parent university, an official Code of Ethics will be implemented to prevent research malpractices and plagiarism.
- Each publication has to be intimated to the Research Cell and to be updated in the database by the author.
- The research outcomes of an individual will be displayed in the website.
- Establishing Centers of Excellence in developing fields and sustaining research via innovation.
- To encourage students and faculty members to participate in inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research.
- To achieve sustainable development goals while also finding solutions to societal issues.
Provisions / Rations:
- An office for Research will be established under the leadership of Coordinator (Research cell) to track and coordinates all activities related to research and innovation in the departments and that of the institution.
- Adequate budget for research will be created under the Capital and Revenue heads. Additional grants can be considered with proper justification when necessary.
- National/International travel grants for faculty and students to attend and present research papers at conferences.
- Conference, workshop, and Professional Development Program sponsorship.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students will be eligible for a grant to support innovative final-year projects.
- Seed funding will be provided to faculty members to carry out research projects.
- At the end of each year, incentives will be offered for paper publications based on the quality of the publications.
- Based on guidelines issued from time to time, performance-based incentives will be
offered to faculty members for various activities related to research and innovation such as consultancy, testing, patents, and so on.
- Incentives for successfully completing Funded Projects will be given to Principal Investigators in accordance with guidelines, and will be paid at the end of each year.
- Financial assistance will be provided to obtain Life Membership in Professional Societies.
- Consultancy services are provided by faculty members using their expertise. The revenue generated by this programme is split 60:40 between the institution and the concerned