The OBC Cell was formed with the goal of empowering OBC students. The OBC Cell supports the OBC students of the college and their psychological well-being. It is in charge of granting them privileges and resolving their problems. It also ensures proper execution of various UGC, Government of India, and State Government initiatives for the welfare of reserved categories, such as scholarships, stipends, and so on.
- To educate and empower OBC students and staffs at the college to make use of the facilities provided by the government and other organizations for their educational and professional goals.
- To inform OBC students about various state and federal government scholarship programmes.
- To consult and assist OBC students on a variety of concerns, as well as assist them in managing their academic activities.
- To address issues affecting OBC students.
- To educate, enlighten, and empower OBC students in the college to make use of the services provided by the government and other organizations for their educational and vocational goals.
- To advise and guide OBC students on academic and other campus-related challenges, as well as to assist them in overcoming them.
- Organize seminars and special programmes for OBC section students to keep their knowledge and abilities up to date.
- To establish and monitor a unique coaching/training/remedial coaching scheme for OBC students at the college in order to prepare them for UGC-NET, SLET, JRF, SET, and other competitive examinations.
- To handle representations from Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates in the college regarding admission, scholarships, and other related things.
- To serve as a grievance redress cell for OBC students, including Minorities in the college, and to provide them with the necessary assistance in resolving their academic concerns.
|Designation in the Committee
|Dr. R S Vetrivel
|FAssistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Application
|Mrs S. Jeevitha
|Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Mathematics
|Mrs S. Jagadeeswari
| Assistant Professor and Head,Department of Business Administration
|Mrs D. Sumathi
|Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Tamil
For Complaints, please post to the mail: email@example.com
OBC Cell Objectives:
- Ensure reservation norms in the admission of students and in the appointments of teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Maintain social relationship among the admitted students in the college and resolve issues, grievances, representations etc.,
- Explore redressal mechanisms and provisions for remedial coaching, counseling etc.,
- Coordination of equal opportunity, welfare and other schemes including financial assistances from the government and UGC.
The committee meets at least once a year and submits annual report to the Head of the Institution on OBC students admitted against reservation norms, admitted in general category, complaints and references reported by the students, relationship environment, facilities for girl students, financial assistances received from the state and central governments etc.