GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
The Grievance Redressal Cell was constituted to investigate the grievances lodged by the students and redress it. The Cell is also empowered to investigate allegations of harassment or any academic matter stated by the students through online and grievance/suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at Administrative Block. The institution strives to resolve student grievances within the stipulated time.
The goal of the Grievance Redressal Cell is to foster a responsive and accountable attitude among all stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational environment in the institute. The Cell has been working to settle the grievances received from the students for further strengthening the students’ bond with the institution and providing a satisfactory teaching and learning ambience, by keeping the following goals in mind:
- Upholding the College’s self-esteem by providing a trouble-free environment and promoting the cordial relationship among the stakeholders.
- Encourage students to express their grievances flexibly and honestly, without fear of being victimized.
- A Suggestion / complaint Box is placed in the front part of the Administrative Block for students who wish to remain anonymous to write down their grievances and suggestions
for improving Academics and Administration of the College.
- Advise the students to respect the fellow person’s rights and dignity, and to exercise extreme restraint and patience whenever a rift arises, to refrain from inciting other stakeholders.
- Advise all faculty members and staffs to be affectionate to students and not act vindictively toward any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly forbidden both inside and outside of the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be immediately brought to the
Students may file a grievance on any academic or non-academic matter, such as:
- Timely dispute of duplicate mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates, or other examination and scholarship-related matters
- to dues and payments for various items from the library, hostels and other financial matters
- Concerns about sanitation, food preparation, transportation availability, teacher victimization, and any other offensive activity.
According to the UGC (Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2018, composition of the Grievance Redressal Committee
|Mrs. S. Jeevitha
|Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Mathematics
|Mrs. S Sankari
|Assistant Professor of Tamil
|Mrs. D Sumathii
|Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Tamil
|Mrs. S. Jagadeeshwari
|Assistant Professor and Head/ Department of Business Administration
For Complaints, please post to the mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedure for filing grievance:
- Students can drop their grievance letters (which can be anonymous if desired) or in the format provided by the administration department into the grievance/suggestion box.
- The Grievance Cell will handle the cases that have been forwarded along with the required documentation.
- The Grievance Cell will ensure that the grievance is properly resolved within the time limit specified by the cell.
- The cell will formally review all cases and act in accordance with Management policy.
- The cell will report to the authority on the cases handled and the number of pending cases that require direction and guidance from higher authorities, if any.
Mechanism of the Cell:
- The Grievance Redressal Committee (GRC) shall consider only individual grievances of students and staff of a specific nature.
- The GRC will not consider any general applicability or collective nature grievance raised by more than one employee/student.
- Upon receipt of the complaint/application, the committee will decide on the merits of the
case, including the scope of further investigation, and will act promptly.
- It is necessary for the GRC to mediate between the complainant and the defendant against whom the complaint has been lodged.
- The GRC must consider resolving grievances within a reasonable time frame
- The cell will report to the authority on the cases it has handled and, if necessary, seek guidance from higher authorities.